Lost NVG & Look closer without Secure Falcon

Rotor

Lost NVG & Look closer without Secure Falcon

Postby Rotor » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:35 pm

Computer Locked up while in playing Falcon with Secure Falcon.
Had to do a hard reboot.
Now running Falcon without Secure Falcon
I don't have NVG, Look closer or anything else Secure Blocks.

What do I have to do to get it back?

Nap

Postby Nap » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:40 pm

Hi Rotor,

Yes, I'm aware of that problem, doing a manual backup of your keylist files and your BFOps (if you have one) is a good idea.

Check in the BackedUpFiles folder in your Secure Falcon install folder (normally C:\Program Files\Secure Falcon). SF makes a backup of your keylist files and BFOps into that folder.
The only problem is that next time you run SF, it does another backup. At the moment, it doesn't ask if you want to overwrite.

The disabled keys are:
ToggleNVGMode
SimAltFlaps
ScreenShot
OTWSelectEFOVPadlockMode
SimLEFLockSwitch
FOVToggle

Look in your cockpitbuilders.orig file (in F4AF's config folder) and copy these commands back into your keylist file. Then you will see them in the Falcon UI, and be able to assign keys.

I will be releasing an update of SF soon (need to do some FoF testing with it first). The new version put's a date stamp in the name of the backed up files which should prevent the problem you had.

Cheers,
Nap

Rotor

Postby Rotor » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:41 pm

Say if I get the copy the whole cockpitbuilders.orig file from a friend & copy it onto my computer. Think that would take care of things?

I have no special configurations of any kind installed that are directly related to Falcon.

Nap

Postby Nap » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:20 pm

Don't use that version, just search for the functions I listed inside it and copy/paste them into your broken keylist file.

The cockpitbuilders keylist file has a lot more in it than is necessary.

Cheers,
Nap

Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:55 am

I have the same poblem. Zoom in and Flaps are not working. I tryed to folow the steps like above, but the BackedUpFiles folder is empty. There is nothing. I try to compare the keystrokes.orig with cockpitbuilders.orig but it lookes still the same??? Do i have to re-install F4AF to get the Zoom an Flap back working??

Nap

Postby Nap » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:19 am

No Jaguar,
Just search the cockpitbuilders file for the following strings (do them one at a time):

ToggleNVGMode
SimAltFlaps
ScreenShot
OTWSelectEFOVPadlockMode
SimLEFLockSwitch
FOVToggle

Copy the whole line from the cockpitbuilders file into your file. It's ok to put them at the bottom of your file (the order of the list doesn't matter).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Nap

Rotor

Postby Rotor » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:16 am

I got her fixed Nap.

Though seldom accused of being the smartest guy in the group. it took me 5 or 10 min to put a finger on it.
Copy the list above from the cockpitbuilders.orig file & place them in the keystrokes.key file. All from the F4AF’s config folder.
I think it was the keylist files that you mentioned that threw me off.

Thanks for your help
Rotor

Nap

Postby Nap » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:14 am

np m8.
Glad 2 hear it's all back to normal.
In the next release of SF, this problem will be handled. I've changed the way backups are being done.

Cheers,
Nap

Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:06 am

Nap wrote:Copy the whole line from the cockpitbuilders file into your file. It's ok to put them at the bottom of your file (the order of the list doesn't matter).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
Nap

Hi Nap,

im in trouble to fix it :D So what you mean with my file? and where to hell have i search to for the keylist file? If you mean the keystroke.orig with that, so this lines are allready the asme with kokpitbuilders.orig??

Nap

Postby Nap » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:37 am

Jaguar,

In your LP install, there is a sub-folder config.
In it, there is a file called cockpitbuilders.orig.
Use notepad to open it and search for each of the functions I listed above.
For each one, copy the whole line from the cockpitbuilders.orig into your keylist file. (It's ok to paste them at the end of your keylist file.)

Then go into F4AF=>Setup=>Keyboard, and define the key you want to use for that function (which should now be in the function listing).

The cockpitbuilders.orig file is a master file that has all the possible functions you can use the keyboard for. Normally it is meant for people who are building/using cockpits.

Your keylist file is the file that shows at the bottom of the F4AF=>Setup=>Keyboard screen. If you click on it, you can select a different keylist file. The default one is called Keystrokes.key.

I hope I've answered your question. If not, let me know.

Cheers,
Nap

Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:56 am

Yeah, now it works again. The KeyWorth was: Keystrokes.key.

Thamk you :D

Nap

Postby Nap » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:08 pm

np
:wink:

Return to “User needs help with...”