what would you prefere?

Should've seen them circles.
LoVeN

what would you prefere?

Postby LoVeN » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:39 am

a thing happaned on a match ihad with one of players which i wont tell his callsign.
the thing was simple, i have done at roe2 a viloation of a rule which i dident knowed of,
fireing a misile before first merge at 15-20 miles even if its not on a plane is not alowed. yo should do the merge with all your misiles.

i shooted on the start of the 2 roe2 fights and he waited for them to over.
then he said he won because i viloted this rule.

are you ppls like him thinks its better to gain points by this way then start the match and do it like 2 players trying thier flight skills and not thier loyer skills.??

well after we had difrent opinions admins decided to rematch roe2, and it dosent mater that score was same.
it was sad to me to see a player trying to get points in any way he can , and care nothing of honesty or honor.

those are my opinions of this thing, and i hope new guys and old will fight because they want to be the best, and not try to look like the best by making use of a thing such as this.

and anyway ruls says a viloting should be reflewn, a cheating should be defaulted.
so anyway he tried to do something against the normal codes of this contest.
Last edited by LoVeN on Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"fear not for iam the LoVeN"

xianzai

Postby xianzai » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:30 am

Do you mean the first merge?
------------------------------------------
http://www.dogfighting-league.com

Thrust

Postby Thrust » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:43 am

Read the rules and then you find the key LOVEN.
(Beginning of each Round
vPilots may maneuver at will but weapons may not be fired until after the first merge as in ROE 1.)
not be fired until after the first merge as in ROE 1.)
And then normally:
Roe:1 2-0 LOVEN
Roe:2 2-0 THRUST
Roe:3 2-0 THRUST

i confirm :!:

Yes xianzai , before the merge

"In chess you touch the piece and you have to play if you loose you loose."

Winning easily points or not its not the good reason, even the result its the same ,the reason is , dont use some things to make other pilot be hungry even the match re played with bad humor you can't flight well its impossible.

And then "young boy" stop crying and keep on fight :roll: , honor is when you dont use tricks , for the moment you are the lucky best but lots of pilots are about to kick your ass for sure me or not me(hummm i'm working a lot for that ) , its a funny game dont make politics.
, FALCON i love it because its FALCON, no other things.

Last thing: you said "so anyway he tried to do something against the normal codes of this contest."
normal codes !!!!!!!!! you say that ???? pfffffffffffff , that mean you have to do all that u want and other pilots do what you want to ?? and you speake about honour ?? hahahahahah , you read that men ?? what do you think really about that ?? (bordelàculdepompeàmerdedevéchierbiteculpoil que le diable m'emporte ) just an french mean cant translate sorry !!!

Regards
THRUST

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:41 am

Personally I don't have a problem with it especially since the missile isn't a threat. This is something that has been done in previous world competitions with Falcon.

However, it IS stated in the rules that it's not to be done; although I don't think that the sortie should be defaulted, it should be reflown as is stated in the rules.

I wouldn't try to take points on some technicality, I take points from killing my bandit.
The ordinary air fighter is an extraordinary man and the extraordinary air fighter stands as one in a million among his fellows.
Theodore Roosevelt

Thrust

Postby Thrust » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:45 am

Yes u are right KV its for that i reflew the match and stoped talking after match , the story was finished for me ,

centermass

Postby centermass » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:06 pm

No worries guys. It was handled properly.

Now suit up and kicks some ass :twisted:

Nap

Postby Nap » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:44 pm

Gentlemen,

The discussion on this subject was relevant at the time it happened. Each vPilot presented their case (passionately) and the Admins made their decision. Both vPilots accepted the Admin's decision and proceeded to complete the match.

From the IDFL Admin's point of view, this was the honorable thing to do.

I call to your attention the section in the rules for Dispute Resolution: http://www.fc.abms.net.au/docs/1v1_Rules.html#DR. In particular steps (1) and (5).

In so far as what is said in this thread, I ask you this: What will you think when you come back in six (6) months time and have a look at it. Will you be proud of it or not?

In the mean time, I think (judging by the number of views this thread has already had) that everyone now knows that during ROE2, you cannot fire your weapons until after the merge. Which is a good outcome.

Cheers,
Nap

LoVeN

Postby LoVeN » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:34 am

KidVicious wrote:Personally I don't have a problem with it especially since the missile isn't a threat. This is something that has been done in previous world competitions with Falcon.

However, it IS stated in the rules that it's not to be done; although I don't think that the sortie should be defaulted, it should be reflown as is stated in the rules.

I wouldn't try to take points on some technicality, I take points from killing my bandit.

for the record we habve reflewn it and score was same.
iam not the only one dident knowed this rule which is bad but a fact.

my only mistake was not readin the rules good enogh. thing which i taked care off already.
is it a thing to default?

"fear not for iam the LoVeN"

Arpad

Postby Arpad » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:26 am

1. I agree - Know the rules if You are going to participate in the league.

2. If a faul happened its a refly (no yellow and red card showen in this league...) - no doubt about that.

3. I don't know why it happened that the other guy flew the whole ROE before stating there is an offense !? You should tell it's an offense when it happen, not to wait until the match finish when it happened before the first merge ?
its just wasting both competitor's time isn't it ?

Cyborg

Postby Cyborg » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:33 am

I am glad I saw this thread. I somehow missed that rule. :shock: I always thought it was you can't shoot any weapons AT a player untill after the merge.

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:09 am

Arpad wrote:3. I don't know why it happened that the other guy flew the whole ROE before stating there is an offense !? You should tell it's an offense when it happen, not to wait until the match finish when it happened before the first merge ?
its just wasting both competitor's time isn't it ?

Very true. That begs the question if he was just going to wait and see if he won before playing the trump card "Ohhh, btw your kill doesn't count because you broke the rules in the beginning, and we have to refly it or I'm defaulted the win"...

Pretty gay and honorless if a pilot does this...

The ordinary air fighter is an extraordinary man and the extraordinary air fighter stands as one in a million among his fellows.

Theodore Roosevelt

Thrust

Postby Thrust » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:14 am

These answer is for the guys who arent there to see what happen really and then stop talking for nothing, its a problem with me and loven ok ? ,every body know that happen between Loven and Me, but not with precision, to be gay KV , is when pilots change callsign to find training and then for the last time stop talking in this thread for nothing ,
Normally when some people have some problems this has to be arrenged together its not your problem. Stop please

Please admin to close this thread

THNKS

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:38 am

No reason to close the thread because we're not all talking about the match anymore, but moreso the rules and ethics on 'when' they should be enforced (such as right after the rule breakage happens, instead of waiting till then end).

As for me using alternate callsigns, it's a necessary evil when you're in my shoes; otherwise pilots are intimidated to fly.

Open discussion is fine, I don't see the problem or the reason to be paranoid (asking for thread to be closed) unless the morals/integrity of some individuals are being stepped on.

Theodore Roosevelt

Thrust

Postby Thrust » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:52 am

As i said i'm sure now the whole people know the rules very well......

I was waiting just to see what happen not a "vicious idea" , and we agree to refight, and we refight, if we loose time (for me i dont loose time in falcon ) its not important .. !! it wasn 't my fault if we loose time,because i know the rules before fight thats all man !

Return to “Pilots Lounge”