Shooting rears from every aspect

Should've seen them circles.
xrhstaras

Shooting rears from every aspect

Postby xrhstaras » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:19 am

How about shooting rear aspect missiles from every aspect possible at ROE2...? I believe that there are many times when pilots had a tone of their missile and they didn't fire it to the high aspect bandit cause the rules don't allow this. My suggestion is that the v-pilot should be free to fire his missile whenever he judges he has a chance to destroy his bandit. This way many missiles will be wasted - many won't. It needs skills to judge when ur missile has a good chance to hit ur bandit and when it hasn't.

It's just a suggestion - i'm expecting ur opinions on this.
Chris

centermass

Postby centermass » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:09 pm

I like competition as is.

All aspect heaters are a feature of BVR matches.

When are you going to start flying more competition flights?

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:26 pm

If you want to fire all aspect, then have your opponent to agree to (2)AIM-9Ms then :) (30 mile range).

I've flown this ROE when it was previously on the WTP years ago, but it was done away with.

Either that, or add an ROE for all aspect IR. The chances of an AIM-9P IRL hitting high aspect is probably less than 1%. It has a horrible record even from rear aspect.

In the USAF the ROE is rear aspect tone and WEZ for rear IR engagements back in the day, but now they aren't carried anymore (although we have stockpiles of the missiles).

Perhaps ROE2 should be changed to (2)AIM-9M for those that can't adhere to the no fire 10/2 cone rules.
The ordinary air fighter is an extraordinary man and the extraordinary air fighter stands as one in a million among his fellows.
Theodore Roosevelt

Deadmeat

Postby Deadmeat » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:08 pm

I like the current ROE2 setup. It's a good transition between ROE1 and 3. True, it is closer to ROE1 than ROE3, but 9Ms would make it closer to ROE3, and I think it'd be less interesting.

Flying skill is still a large part of ROE2, but it would become less so with 9Ms, and without adding the interesting elements of BVR.

Hornet

Postby Hornet » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:54 am

Personally I like ROE 2 as it is. Each different ROE currently tests a pilot's ability under varying conditions, and ROE 2 is a good test of skills to fly good offensive and defensive BFM in a WVR scenario whilst loaded, and therefore subject to a different flight model to ROE 1. Obviously the better a pilots BFM under loaded conditions the better he will fare against his opponent. To change the rules to permit face shots with rear aspect heaters would, IMHO, replace a large proportion of the skill factor required to win with pure luck, and would result in scores that are not fully representative of a pilot's relative skill levels.

Thrust

Postby Thrust » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:42 am

I think , as a real life and no doubt , when we enter in the room it has to be completly free at each roes and then we have to own the whole weapons properly,in the real world if your need to save your life whole tricks and cheats are allowable not in FALCON all roe you flight but its just my opinion, in simulator its not realistic, all guys and admins have to agree and the rules whrited down for that , maybe in future seasons !!

Return to “Pilots Lounge”