Track IR (Pure dogfighting)

Should've seen them circles.
Hotseat

Track IR (Pure dogfighting)

Postby Hotseat » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:27 am

hey guys, I wanting to get some input on the idea of perhaps getting a thing going here for us Track IR guys to get some no-padlock flights going. I certainly don't want to seem like I'm trying to come in as a new guy and attempt to change a bunch of stuff around. but it seems to me that its an aspect that is missing..that would perhaps be enjoyed by alot of folks. (I hope)

Now that I have had the chance to fly some fights with Track IR on both sides and padlocking disabled...its become apperant that while standard dogfighting is a challenge indeed...Mk.1 eyeball and rubbernecking adds that much more skill and challenge to it.

in 2v2 or any multiple fighter scenario it adds the challenge of tactics in order to keep SA on your targets.

in ALL fights it allows a much more realistic use of real world tactics. Blind spots, terrain use, extensions to escape etc etc.

so...what I'm asking is, would it be feasible to develop a prelimenary ruleset for no-padlock matches..and would there be any interest in possibly setting up a seperate ladder for these specific types of flights?

I'd be more than happy to begin working out a modified rule set for "rubbernecking"

again...let me say that I mean no offence to the admins or to the spirit of the ladder, I do not think the current ladder should be modified in any way. just adding an extra feature for those who would like to add that extra touch of realism to this already amazing league.

xianzai

Postby xianzai » Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:56 am

I support this

Nap

Postby Nap » Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:25 am

Great idea Hotseat, and has already been discussed.
In fact, in keeping with the rules (which have been writen and just need to be proof read before release) there is a provision to do this.

Next time you fly against a vPilot that has a TrackIR setup, if both of you can agree to fly without padlock etc, you are fully within the rules of the competition to do so. But I must stress that it has to be agreed to by both vPilots.

When you do that, you could post a 'de-briefing' of the match for others to read.

Cheers,
Nap

Panther

Postby Panther » Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:46 pm

xianzai wrote:I support this

Hehehe, I know you like the idea. You taught me a lesson when using TIR only. ;)

Arpad

Postby Arpad » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:48 pm

get me a TrackIR and i join u
meanwhile my thumb is too tired

Return to “Pilots Lounge”