Beta rule changes for challenging default/void/timing only

Should've seen them circles.
xianzai

Beta rule changes for challenging default/void/timing only

Postby xianzai » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:58 am

Please post comments on the following:

Normal time limits apply before these rules can be activated.
Challenger makes a valid challenge, challengee is active on the ladder and is known to be active but doesn't respond to challenger’s first forum post, challenger can ask for a default
Challenger makes a valid challenge and challengee responds with alternative flying times;
if the challenger doesn't continue with negotiating, challengee can ask for a default
if the challengee doesn't continue with negotiating, challenger can ask for a default
(If the time limit for organising a match runs out, either party may request a void as long as both are negotiating.)
Once the challenger and challengee have agreed on a date/time;
if the challenger doesn't showup in Teamspeak at the agreed time/date, the challengee can ask for a default
if the challengee doesn't showup in Teamspeak at the agreed time/date, the challenger can ask for a default
(If the AWOL party has a good reason for not showing up, that will be considered by the Admins, but emphasis should be made on notifying the other party beforehand if possible. See below.)

Void
Challenger makes a valid challenge, if there is no reply from the challengee
if challengee is new and hasn't flown a match , challenger may ask for a void
otherwise refer to rules concerning defaults above
Challenger makes a valid challenge and challengee responds with alternative flying times, negotiations are taking place but the match organising time limit runs out, either party may request a void.

Note that in all cases where a vPilot can take a default, it is their choice as to whether they wish a default or void.

Valid reasons for recording a VOID instead of a DEFAULT when a default has been asked for can include:
school,
work,
family matters,
etc.
These reasons should be similar to those a person would use when unable to attend work, or submit an assignment at school.

If these rules appear to be being abused by a vPilot, Admins have the right to reject an excuse being offered. (Please check the vPilots history before using this option.)
Last edited by xianzai on Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

centermass

Re: Beta rule changes for challenging

Postby centermass » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:31 pm

xianzai wrote:if the challenger doesn't showup in Teamspeak at the agreed time/date, the challengee can ask for a default
if the challengee doesn't showup in Teamspeak at the agreed time/date, the challenger can ask for a default

I would like for this to be after 2 no shows by either party. This allows for mistakes in GMT time and downed Internet connections, etc...

PAVEWAY

Postby PAVEWAY » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:56 pm

Man this new rules sounds good. :P :P :P

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:16 pm

This still doesn't address the possibility of early voids or not. Do you have to endure 8 days if your opponent responds or not? Curious...

Nap

Postby Nap » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:28 pm

KV,
The response to the challenge must be made and negotiations completed within 4 clear days. After that point, the rules can be activated.
The 8 day rule applies to a match where date/times have been agreed to, and again, after this point the rules can be activated.
So from the date of the challenge
  • Up to 4 days to organise, and
  • Up to 8 days to complete it (note this doesn't say 8 days from when an agreed date/time was made).

If two vPilots cannot agree on a date/time within the 4 days, they can void. This should only happen occasionally as we sometimes have plans for weekends etc. that are not the normal part of the routine.
Since they haven't flown a match, the challenger can issue another challenge to the same person as soon as they wish, as long as they are still within the 5 ranks.
This way they could postpone to another weekend, but in the meantime, the ladder is not clogged.

So, the only problem with waiting the full periods is that it can block the ladder, which is as much a problem as having no one challenging.

The numbers of days for each stage might need to be adjusted. For example:
If a challenge is made on the Friday, and not seen by the challengee during that weekend, then the match must be completed during the week. This is not an option for some people.

This is the spirit of the proposal as it stands at the moment.

Cheers,
Nap

PAVEWAY

Postby PAVEWAY » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:40 am

I think the match's should take place in a 3 day window if either pilots don't make the time the challenge should be voided or defaulted.

xianzai

Postby xianzai » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:12 am

You want the time reduced from 8 days to 3 days?

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:57 am

PAVEWAY wrote:I think the match's should take place in a 3 day window if either pilots don't make the time the challenge should be voided or defaulted.

Comming from someone who is on leave, and supposedly cannot participate because of their time contraints in college? You'd be voided and/or defaulted all the time..haha.

PAVEWAY

Postby PAVEWAY » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:53 am

xianzai wrote:You want the time reduced from 8 days to 3 days?

well I this would give pilots 3 chance to show up for the match and also be well prepared.

PAVEWAY

Postby PAVEWAY » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:55 am

KidVicious wrote:
PAVEWAY wrote:I think the match's should take place in a 3 day window if either pilots don't make the time the challenge should be voided or defaulted.

Comming from someone who is on leave, and supposedly cannot participate because of their time contraints in college? You'd be voided and/or defaulted all the time..haha.[/quote

If I was not on leave I be making sure Im on time buddy. 8)

BearForce

Postby BearForce » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:05 am

Personally, I oppose making the time frame a three day window of opporunity. I am a family man, with a career and community service... (not that you would know it from all of the hours I do make it online...) and my schedule needs to be planned as far in advance as possible. Three days would exclude me (and I would guess) many others from participating.

BearForce

Nap

Postby Nap » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:21 am

PAVEWAY wrote:well I this would give pilots 3 chance to show up for the match and also be well prepared.

I think that if you have 3 chances for each match, in some cases, it will drag out the duration of the challenege.

Each time someone doesn't show up means the negotiation of the date/time has to start all over.

Cheers,
Nap

Splash

Beta rule change

Postby Splash » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:58 am

For me personally, reducing the time to respond might be a bit of a problem since I am out of town routinely for 4 days at a time. I do like the idea of speeding things up however. Perhaps a point incentive (via a bonus) to fly a certain number of matches per month.
I'll be thunkin' some more on it.

Splash

PAVEWAY

Postby PAVEWAY » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:51 am

Nap wrote:
PAVEWAY wrote:well I this would give pilots 3 chance to show up for the match and also be well prepared.

I think that if you have 3 chances for each match, in some cases, it will drag out the duration of the challenege.

Each time someone doesn't show up means the negotiation of the date/time has to start all over.

Cheers,
Nap

I meant that if a challenge is made (it would be wise for both pilots to agree on time before a challenge is made) and the opponents responds they have to agree a time in each day within a three day window. If the match could not be flown then a void or a default my be request after 3 days. I personally think this is good because you can be well prepared for a match and if it does not take place either the pilots or the next person don't have to wait. that's just my 2cent

Return to “Pilots Lounge”