Postby Snakeye » Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:15 pm

xianzai wrote:New strategy

It seem like the Rudders have to do something with that :lol:

Mask

Postby Mask » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:10 pm

Snakeye wrote:
xianzai wrote:New strategy

It seem like the Rudders have to do something with that :lol:

Well, Snakeye is right. Rudders... Totally unrealistic behaving F-16's...
They should be disabled somehow because in the real jet (looking for the hellenic af manual now) noone uses rudders in dogfights. It's insane.

@Paveway:Things change fast. In my lang there's an old saying. I'll try to translate it to English. "Better a mouthfull but a big word". :idea:

Nap

Postby Nap » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:37 pm

Guys,

I appreciate the kudos you're giving to SF, but lets not get the thread derailed.
As everyone here knows, SF is a mandatory requirement for matches and as no one has been reported for cheating, everyone here has earned their ratings fair and square (and lost it by going on extended leave).
Those that left the league and/or went on leave near when SF was introduced are welcome back if/when they decide to return. I have no prejudgements about why they left when they did.

HL is a public place, and I respect the guys who go there and fly with standard installs and expect/hope that their opponents have the same sense of honor and enjoyment.
Those people who have made changes to their installs and warn others of the fact also aren't doing anything dishonourable in my opinion.
But lets face it, when you're on HL, it's no surprise that some people out there can't resist the temptation. These people don't realise they are hurting the simulation itself.

The League appreciates your efforts in coaxing them to come here to compete, on a level playing field. As you know, the DFL is where a vPilot can develop their skills and earn respect in proportion to them. So what happens out there in HL doesn't really mean anything.

To provide the level playing field, SF is very thorough in it's methods of ensuring a standard install, but I'm sure there are still things that need to be improved about it. So for those that think they can somehow beat SF today, you are playing with fire; for there will come a day when your particular way of exploiting a weakness will be closed and you will be subsequently embarassed.

I have been listening to the feedback people are giving about their HL experiences, and I've been thinking about how I can deliver some features in SF to improve things. Early in 2007 I will be releasing an update to SF (mainly with Force On Force bug fixes), and working on another version with more new features.

Cheers,
Nap

PS.. To be Recognised Ladder Leader you, first you need 1700 points. Whether it's a bad rule or not, it is the rule and has been that way, and has been achieved. It's a shame you didn't get challenged by others, maybe you should have worked on the guys below you at the time?

PAVEWAY

Postby PAVEWAY » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:33 pm

Mask wrote:
@Paveway:Things change fast. In my lang there's an old saying. I'll try to translate it to English. "Better a mouthfull but a big word". :idea:

??? details please

PAVEWAY

Postby PAVEWAY » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:36 pm

Nap wrote:
PS.. To be Recognised Ladder Leader you, first you need 1700 points. Whether it's a bad rule or not, it is the rule and has been that way, and has been achieved. It's a shame you didn't get challenged by others, maybe you should have worked on the guys below you at the time?

Was this message for me, if it was it does not make any sense because am here to DF in the IDL, teach others, to have fun and to compete against others not to prove it point and to make it in the hall of fame and disappear like others.

Nap

Postby Nap » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:40 pm

PAVEWAY wrote:well dude I was in the top 5 with secure falcon 1670 (#2 spot) but my rank went down because of those rules that don't make any sense at all and if you could remember correctly I was # 1 for a long period of time when you and Tank were absent but was not the ladder leader because people where scared to fight me :roll: . my shooting as if for now sucks with or with out secure falcon maybe is because my eyes are going bad. with no secure falcon that mean look closer key can be used and I used it to estimate if I should waste my bullets or not, I never kept it on look closer if fact it would be extremely hard to shoot with look closer key on.

I see you in hyper lobby to keep you updated with my skills your learn for it like you always do 8)

Paveway,

I wasn't intending to be disrespectful, but was responding to some comments you made earlier in the thread.
If you read between the lines of what KV is saying, he is acutally inviting you back so you can fight each other in the jet.

Cheers,
Nap

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:36 am

That's correct Nap..hehe
:lol:

Ol fella has got a bit defensive it seems :? :D ..

Nap, looking forward to you new work. I'm pleased to have your program, because those that make accusations in other areas like hyperlobby can come here and put their accusations to the test.

What I find interesting though, is the couple that have accused me, REFUSE to come here and fly. I find that humorous. So now I tell them to put up, or shut up...that if they come to fly here with SF, the result in our engagements will be the same....probably worse actually.

Without your program, I'd have to just ignore it and not fly with them anymore (which I've done anyway, because they are scared to compete here at the IDL)...

Thanks again!

Nap

Postby Nap » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:57 am

KV,

No problem m8. After playing Counter-Strike for ages, I eventually realised that it's not worth getting all worked up. I would just quit the server and go elsewhere.

From my point of view, it's a pleasure to me to be able to provide a means that allows competative human vs human flying. Far more fun and challenging than against the AI.

I just wish I could work out a way to help people to get their matches flown with minimal hassle organising them (2v2 really needs this improved). But I'm working on it.

Cheers,
Nap

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:59 am

I believe once the site is more integrated, has a fresh look, and some new PR links out in the community things will liven in the 2v2 arena. Once things iron out a bit more, I'm going to be pushing the IDL in other areas. LoVeN has been doing the same thing, and a few others.

I wish I knew something about joomla, I'd be more than willing to help.

Nap

Postby Nap » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:14 am

Once I get a few things knocked off in Joomla that relate to the initial setup, it will be a lot easier than what we have at the moment.

Also, am I correct in guessing you're using IE? I am using Firefox, which has 'tabbed' browsing, so I only have one browser window but many screens inside it. That's probably why I'm not finding it as 'confusing' as you?

Also, can u see the standings page atm? (Problem solved)

Cheers,
Nap

centermass

Postby centermass » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:54 am

Nap, use Firefox with tab browsing, the only difference that I can see is that IE 6 and below would require new windows as opposed to new tabs.

The current site is pretty confusing, but news about a revamp is encrouraging. :wink:

Nap

Postby Nap » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:59 am

I have the Firefox template for Joomla basically done. Need to do a couple tweaks and establish the menus.
I will work on the IE template now, and will launch it hopefully in the next couple days.

Then you guys are going to have to learn how to make Joomla's content management system work for you. In particular, I'm going to be asking for some people to volunteer to be 'sports reporters' who will spectate on matches, record ACMI's and FRAPS movies and then post match reports for others to enjoy.

Cheers,
Nap

Return to “Pilots Lounge”