FOX3 & Mask Retiring from IDL

Should've seen them circles.
Mask

FOX3 & Mask Retiring from IDL

Postby Mask » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:24 pm

Hello friends, as about me i got such a hard time to arrange and meet a match with an opponent, that is realy boring :shock: On the other hand i got to see what gives with my new display, a 1000 euro 32" LCD matrix samsung that is auto(destructing)stretching my view in F4. I made that big mistake believing that F4 would work with 16:9. Wrong... So i'll have to temporarily quit :(
As about FOX3 (ping) he says that he can't find a way to make it work because for the second time his opponent refuses to play with secure falcon. He's worrying to play without and says that he will leave due to that problem because he turned mad :D
As a suggestion i'd like to recommend to Nap to extend secure falcon checkings to the whole falcon folder with some necessary exceptions of course like logbooks. I don't think allowing cockpit mods is safe nor hitiles installed. But i didn't find something that passed through it to be honest.
See you arround pows in HL for now.
And finally i guess that people who advertise the IDL should question theirselves what is the purpose of inviting people here. Just to be defeated? IMHO that's not a good reason to invite them here, SO DON'T OFFER LESSONS HOW TO BEAT THEM ANYMORE. Sounds like a controlable environment with specific heroes. Pity because respect can not be imposed but only earned by the time. AND ESPECIALLY FROM PEOPLE THAT PRETENDED TO BE FRIENDLY TO US.

centermass

Postby centermass » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:26 am

I'm not sure if Secure falcon works with add in cockpits or hightiles as I do not use them. How would they give an opponent an advantage? Is the cockpit or terrain going to decide the match or is skill?

Also Falcon competitions are supposed to be ran on standard default installs with no modifications.

Looks to me like your looking for excuses to quit.

Other people, I know Tank for certain, use a wide aspect LCD. He still competes. Search SIMHQ for fixes.

If an opponent refuses to play with Secure Falcon then request a default and report them, it is that simple. They either are lazy and don't want to run a seperate install or they are not skilled enough to fly without all the little helping "cheat" that we have given up. In my case look close.

If you found something that Secure Falcon misses tell NAP so he can fix it, although I doubt you did. His program seems to be top notch.

And finally i guess that people who advertise the IDL should question theirselves what is the purpose of inviting people here. Just to be defeated? IMHO that's not a good reason to invite them here, SO DON'T OFFER LESSONS HOW TO BEAT THEM ANYMORE. Sounds like a controlable environment with specific heroes. Pity because respect can not be imposed but only earned by the time. AND ESPECIALLY FROM PEOPLE THAT PRETENDED TO BE FRIENDLY TO US.

The perpose of the IDL is for pilots to compete in equal jets to test their ability in, and understanding of, BFM. This is how I see it.

Not all pilots under stand BFM, or can apply it as well as others. But what they all should have are equal jets. The pilots then train with each other to bring the skill levels up.

I don't know what drama you got working in the background, but you leaving the league is your loss not ours. :roll:

Mask

Postby Mask » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:46 am

Secure Falcon works with addons.
Don't tell about skill, and don't threat. I have beat you more than once in HL and i'll keep doing so.
I am though do looking for excuses to leave, is it your business?
I will search SimHQ for fixes thanks for telling me.
If someone refuses etc.:no more than 5-10 people fly in here. It's not so representative about recognition of skills...
I don't have any drama working in the background. The only drama is yours here f##l. A drama that shows that except your inability to fly good you're also unpleasant.

centermass

Postby centermass » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:09 am

Mask wrote:Secure Falcon works with addons.
Don't tell about skill, and don't threat. I have beat you more than once in HL and i'll keep doing so.

I've never flown against a Mask in HL, what names do you use? I'm in HL now. :wink:

Mask wrote:I am though do looking for excuses to leave, is it your business?

I'm not going anywhere.

Mask wrote:I will search SimHQ for fixes thanks for telling me.

Your welcome.

Mask wrote:If someone refuses etc.:no more than 5-10 people fly in here. It's not so representative about recognition of skills...

So? If there are 5 to 10 pilots here they will be the best. If there are better pilots that are not willing to put it to the test in the world what does it matter? If there is a another place to compete let me know. :wink:

Mask wrote:I don't have any drama working in the background. The only drama is yours here f##l. A drama that shows that except your inability to fly good you're also unpleasant.

:lol: I quoted your drama. I may not understand you and you may not have understood a person telling you how they beat you, maybe to help you. Who knows, but you should be more specific to avoid confusion.

I'm ranked 3rd now and overall I'm ranked 5th in the world of pilots who compete. Again let me know where the other competitions are. I would say I have some skill. :wink:

I may be unpleasant, but we all can't be perfect. :wink:

xianzai

Postby xianzai » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:21 am

A few things Mask and Fox3

It is holiday season, this is a reason why it is difficult to sort out a time to fly. Once the new year has come it should be back to normal.

I liked flying with you Mask, the skill you have while not using padlock is very impressive and it would be a pity if you and Fox3 did not continue in the ladder.

SF is a requirement for a match, if someone doesn't want to use SF they are defaulted against. So far this hasn't been much of an issue since SF has been used, few people have refused to use it.
If anybody has a match where someone does not want to use SF they should post this and it will be dealt with by the admins.

The purpose of this ladder is to have fun and have some fair competition provided by using SF.
Lets keep that in mind as well remembering everybody is not a native English speaker.

The ladder was recently sorted out by Nap, things will get better and we should all have patience for that.

FOX

Postby FOX » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:22 am

First i want to say to all here "happy new year with happiness and health"
Fly Falcon 8+ years and come here for fly my favorite sim and make many DFs with yours.
However i bored to each one that I chalenge with the rifle to play with SF and learn that somebody here i know who is in requests it gives courses of tactic for how to i will lose.Go0ose is very good person i have not anythink with him and just toldme when he have not Sf and if i want to we play with out it and he have 108 patch because with that fly with his sqn. and the end toldme where find to SF to play and told him must be to contact NAP. i think all pilots here knows the GAMES playing only with SF and when we ready to fly we have all SF.
Xianzai thanks for your good thinks.

xianzai

Postby xianzai » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:31 am

Who is offering lessons on how to lose or how to fly and why is that bad?

Mask

Postby Mask » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:23 am

xianzai wrote:Who is offering lessons on how to lose or how to fly and why is that bad?

A couple of pilots informed us unofficially that a person offers LESSONS to our opponents on how they will beat us. It's absolutely confirmed. That's why i tried to put this m/f in thinking why did he invited us here. The probable answer should be to force us stay down the rank defeated many times. I was surprised to hear such things. Things that only a dishonoured would do.

Nap

Postby Nap » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:45 am

Mask (subZero) and Fox3,

I'm sorry to hear that you've both decided to leave the IDFL. Personally I hope you reconsider your decision.

The IDFL is intended to be about fair play, and you can expect that from the Administrators/Referee's here. Secure Falcon is an Electronic Referee, not an anti-cheat program. If anything, HyperLobby is where you have to worry about your opponent's setup since there is no referee and no gaurantees about their setup.

As you already know from your personal life, there are many types of personalities in this world and you have to learn to live with them. The same is here in the IDFL. At the IDFL there is only one rule of conduct, Please enjoy yourself here and remember that everyone else is here for that same reason. Whilest you have to earn respect, you are entitled to expect courtesy.

As with any sport, it is not unusual to use psycological tactics before, during, and after matches. There is an English saying "Don't take it too seriously." So just ignore the taunts.

I would like to address some of the specific things that have been mentioned above:

Arranging Matches
Since the league is International and matches are planned not random, it can be expected that it will take some effort to organise things. In addition to the Time Zone problem, each competitor has a personal life they need to live (eg. work, family, holidays, etc.). It is important that people understand this, and also understand that the league is a league with rules and not a free for all.

The IDFL
Are working on ways to make organisation of matches smoother. As you are both new to the league, you will not have had a chance to experience the improvements made so far (eg. "Make Challenge" function that sends an email to the person being challenged). There are more improvements being worked on, so hopefully it will become easier in the future.

The competitors
Also have a responsibilty towards making these improvements.
The IDFL is not able to make people show up to matches ontime.
The IDFL is not able to make people read the announcements, though you will see that we have made the effort to have them translated into various languages.
You will also notice that the IDFL is strongly recommending that people use ICQ since it is used by the majority of competitors and also allows you to leave a message even when the other person is off-line (not possible in MSN).

Widescreen
Mask, I see that you've posted about this problem in Frugals. I would read the post that DUNC made.
I'm sorry but we can't help you anymore with this issue than what is mentioned in the responses to your question. Perhaps Lead Pursuit can?

Secure Falcon
According to the rules, SF is required to be used in matches unless all competitors agree not to use it. If there is no such agreement, and a player still doesn't want to use it, they must default their match.
There is very little that the IDFL can do to enforce this rule since it's not possible for an IDFL admin to be present at all matches. But you, as the competitor, have the option of contacting an Admin if you need to.

Cockpits
LP have encrypted the cockpit data files. Thus, it is not possible to alter the official cockpits, and thus it's not necessary for SF to check them. If you have a concern, please contact me and explain to me.

HiTiles
Since the HiTiles addon doesn't change the altitude of the terrain, SF doesn't need to check these. The only problem I can see is if the terrain is made transparent and you can see through mountains. But if you do that, you have to be careful not to fly into them. Again, if you have a concern, please contact me and explain to me.

Numbers of competitors
Of course the IDFL would like to have lots of competitors, but that is not our primary goal. If we have 5 competitors that are playing fair, then we are happy with that.

The IDFL is working on making some fundamental changes to the format of the competition. At the moment, only the 'best of the best' gets recognition. In the future, we will have 'Divisions' (like in football) so as to make it possible for people to share in the 'winning feeling'. (The Divisions will of course be based on skill levels.)

As far as skill is concerned, it is normal to try and work out strategies to beat certain players who are very good. Consider yourselves lucky that someone out there has recognised that to beat you, skill is required. My response would be to figure out where your weakness is, thus negating those LESSONS that are being held. There is another English saying "There is no end, just a new beginning."

Cheers,
Nap

FOX

Postby FOX » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:26 am

xianzai wrote:Who is offering lessons on how to lose or how to fly and why is that bad?

You have a PM

centermass

Postby centermass » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:24 am

Mask wrote:A couple of pilots informed us unofficially that a person offers LESSONS to our opponents on how they will beat us. It's absolutely confirmed. That's why i tried to put this m/f in thinking why did he invited us here. The probable answer should be to force us stay down the rank defeated many times. I was surprised to hear such things. Things that only a dishonoured would do.

I don't see why this matters, most pilots have weaknesses to exploit.

Getting them out in the open is good for everyone flying. Good for the pilot so that he knows what he needs to work on and good for the challenging pilot so that he knows what he needs to work on to beat the challenged pilot.

But remember you should fly vs the jet not the pilot. :wink:

Nap

Postby Nap » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:37 pm

Nap wrote:As far as skill is concerned, it is normal to try and work out strategies to beat certain players who are very good. Consider yourselves lucky that someone out there has recognised that to beat you, skill is required. My response would be to figure out where your weakness is, thus negating those LESSONS that are being held. There is another English saying "There is no end, just a new beginning."

Fox3, take it as a compliment and a challenge.

Cheers,
Nap

GoOoSe

Postby GoOoSe » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:53 pm

blah easy points to u anyway eh which i 100% disagree with and feel it is totaly unfair towards me

centermass

Postby centermass » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:10 am

I would not say it is totally unfair, maybe a little. :lol:

Return to “Pilots Lounge”