For season 3

Should've seen them circles.
KidVicious

For season 3

Postby KidVicious » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:37 pm

For season 3 can we have the standings pages completely reset?

All pilots that are not in the competiton removed, and all stats reset from scratch?

There are horrendous errors in the statistics pages of the webleague, and cleaning house at the start of the new season would be awesome.
The ordinary air fighter is an extraordinary man and the extraordinary air fighter stands as one in a million among his fellows.
Theodore Roosevelt

Nap

Postby Nap » Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:53 am

The SEASON 3 Web League program improvements are nearly done. I will need to get the other admins to test the code I've written to fix anything I haven't picked up. So Season 3 is not far away, perhaps a few days or so.

The new season will commence with clean data all round, so point taken KV.

Whilst relevant player data (eg contact details etc) will be copied across to the new season, All vPilots will need to request to be approved for the SEASON by contacting one of the Admins. I will send an email to all players to make sure everyone gets proper notification.

The new season will be based on 3 Stages.
With the format described below, it is possible to have 2,3, or 4 Seasons in a year, with fixed start and end points.

In Stage 0
Signup. In future, this will overlap the tailend of the previous season.
New Signups will be accepted through to the end of Stage 1, but obviously late arrivals will be at a slight disadvantage during the first Stage.
During Stage 2, vPilots will not be able to join the current season at hand. They will have to wait until the following season. (The only exceptions will occur in order to fill up the lowest division if the number of players allows.)

In Stage 1
All vPilots will start on the same rating (probably 1000), and will endevour to build their rating to X points. (Though it might turn out that a timelimit could apply instead of a points target.)
It is likely that vPilots will be able to have multiple challenges going at the same time, with a greater degree of flexibility of how many levels above (and below) you can choose from. The rules we have been using for organising matches to date will also apply during Stage 1.

You could describe this stage as a 'RACE'. Once the 1st person crosses the finish line, no new challenges will be permitted, and it is likely that all incomplete challenges will be abandoned (subject to coordination between players and admins) and the ladder will be locked.
At this point, the TOP 3 ranking players (who are not on leave) will be entered into the Hall of Fame for the RACE for the season at hand, and Stage 2 will commence.

In Stage 2

Based on each vPilot's position on the ladder (regardless of their leave status) at the end of Stage 1, they will be allocated to a division. The top X (probably 10) vPilots will go into Division 1, the next X will go into Division 2, etc.

(Note that even though your rating gets you into Division 1 in the top 3, you will not go into the Hall of Fame if you are on leave when Stage 1 ends.)

Within each Division, a ROUND ROBIN will take place. The Round Robin will either be 1 match or 2 matches (Home/Away). All matches will need to be completed before a specified date. Any matches not concluded when the time expires will be VOIDED.
(There is a new screen in the Web League that will tell you what matches you have remaining to complete and against who.)

During this stage, you will not be able to put yourself on leave, since you have such flexibility on organising your matches. But don't assume you are going to fly all your matches on the last weekend!

The scoring for each match is likely to be points based. And the Best of 3 might turn out the be a Best of 5 within each ROE.
Points will be allocated for each victory within each ROE, so a result of 2-1, 2-1, 0-2 would effectively be a draw. But for the purpose of rankings, ROE wins will be considered, thus player 1 would rank above player 2 in this example.

At the end of this Stage, the TOP 3 players in EACH division will be entered into the Hall Of Fame in the corresponding division that you fought in, and then everyone will have a virtual beer in the Pilots Lounge.

END OF SEASON

We hope this new format sounds as exciting to you all as it is to the Admin team.
We believe that this format will
1) enable new vPilots to continue to learn from the more experienced ones,
2) give the experienced vPilots a chance to fight it out amoungst their 'equals',
3) enable less proficient vPilots to get their names in lights by winning in their respective divisions (thus perhaps attracting vPilots that are otherwise shy or lacking in confidence to enter the league at present),
4) make the determination of entry into the Hall of Fame less prone to error and avoiding unintended ill feelings.

We are also considering having differing degrees of difficulty of Falcon settings appropriate to the skill of the vPilots in the various divisions in Stage 2. Thus easing new vPilots into the more stringent rules practiced by the experience vPilots as they learn new combat skills.

Please give us your feedback on the above outline. This is as new to you as it is to the admin group.

Cheers,
Nap

FOX

Postby FOX » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:07 pm

Nap wrote:The SEASON 3 Web League program improvements are nearly done. I will need to get the other admins to test the code I've written to fix anything I haven't picked up. So Season 3 is not far away, perhaps a few days or so.

The new season will commence with clean data all round, so point taken KV.

Whilst relevant player data (eg contact details etc) will be copied across to the new season, All vPilots will need to request to be approved for the SEASON by contacting one of the Admins. I will send an email to all players to make sure everyone gets proper notification.

The new season will be based on 3 Stages.
With the format described below, it is possible to have 2,3, or 4 Seasons in a year, with fixed start and end points.

In Stage 0
Signup. In future, this will overlap the tailend of the previous season.
New Signups will be accepted through to the end of Stage 1, but obviously late arrivals will be at a slight disadvantage during the first Stage.
During Stage 2, vPilots will not be able to join the current season at hand. They will have to wait until the following season. (The only exceptions will occur in order to fill up the lowest division if the number of players allows.)

In Stage 1
All vPilots will start on the same rating (probably 1000), and will endevour to build their rating to X points. (Though it might turn out that a timelimit could apply instead of a points target.)
It is likely that vPilots will be able to have multiple challenges going at the same time, with a greater degree of flexibility of how many levels above (and below) you can choose from. The rules we have been using for organising matches to date will also apply during Stage 1.

You could describe this stage as a 'RACE'. Once the 1st person crosses the finish line, no new challenges will be permitted, and it is likely that all incomplete challenges will be abandoned (subject to coordination between players and admins) and the ladder will be locked.
At this point, the TOP 3 ranking players (who are not on leave) will be entered into the Hall of Fame for the RACE for the season at hand, and Stage 2 will commence.

In Stage 2

Based on each vPilot's position on the ladder (regardless of their leave status) at the end of Stage 1, they will be allocated to a division. The top X (probably 10) vPilots will go into Division 1, the next X will go into Division 2, etc.

(Note that even though your rating gets you into Division 1 in the top 3, you will not go into the Hall of Fame if you are on leave when Stage 1 ends.)

Within each Division, a ROUND ROBIN will take place. The Round Robin will either be 1 match or 2 matches (Home/Away). All matches will need to be completed before a specified date. Any matches not concluded when the time expires will be VOIDED.
(There is a new screen in the Web League that will tell you what matches you have remaining to complete and against who.)

During this stage, you will not be able to put yourself on leave, since you have such flexibility on organising your matches. But don't assume you are going to fly all your matches on the last weekend!

The scoring for each match is likely to be points based. And the Best of 3 might turn out the be a Best of 5 within each ROE.
Points will be allocated for each victory within each ROE, so a result of 2-1, 2-1, 0-2 would effectively be a draw. But for the purpose of rankings, ROE wins will be considered, thus player 1 would rank above player 2 in this example.

At the end of this Stage, the TOP 3 players in EACH division will be entered into the Hall Of Fame in the corresponding division that you fought in, and then everyone will have a virtual beer in the Pilots Lounge.

END OF SEASON

We hope this new format sounds as exciting to you all as it is to the Admin team.
We believe that this format will
1) enable new vPilots to continue to learn from the more experienced ones,
2) give the experienced vPilots a chance to fight it out amoungst their 'equals',
3) enable less proficient vPilots to get their names in lights by winning in their respective divisions (thus perhaps attracting vPilots that are otherwise shy or lacking in confidence to enter the league at present),
4) make the determination of entry into the Hall of Fame less prone to error and avoiding unintended ill feelings.

We are also considering having differing degrees of difficulty of Falcon settings appropriate to the skill of the vPilots in the various divisions in Stage 2. Thus easing new vPilots into the more stringent rules practiced by the experience vPilots as they learn new combat skills.

Please give us your feedback on the above outline. This is as new to you as it is to the admin group.

Cheers,
Nap

Nap you are the best.Thank you man :) for the hard work :)

FOX

Postby FOX » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:34 pm

i have one idea.We put a promotion of IDL in frugal and HL .If needed some money for that we can pay all a small cost.

LoVeN

Postby LoVeN » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:16 am

wow. great job ... hope to c much more players .
i also think that if you will set this competition to other version as falcon4 red viper. you will get alot more players just cause its more popular.
the points thing is one thing .. but i think the much bigger problem is the version check.. players which realy like flacon like it cause its extra addon skins and etc... so a solution for that will bring up alot more in my opinion.

keep doing the great job nap.
"fear not for iam the LoVeN"

Nap

Postby Nap » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:41 am

I have uploaded the new Web League code today into a backup location with a backup database.

We have commenced testing, and if anyone wishes to assist with testing, please contact me (ICQ is best).

Season 3 is not far away now.

Cheers,
Nap

Nap

Postby Nap » Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:28 pm

An update.

We have been doing some testing, and essentially things are working.
We had a discussion about the process of organising matches and I've now created a function that will enable us to organise matches through the web league, and keep track of their status using the site and email notifications.
This has proven a little harder that I initially thought but I've nearly done it.

It will take another day or so to complete these things, and then we will test again.

Again, if anyone wishes to get a sneak preview and offer feedback, please contact one of the Admins.

Cheers,
Nap

Thrust

HAVE A NICE COMP TO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY

Postby Thrust » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:22 am

Hello everybody
Thnks Nap all work good now.
Thnks for good work Nap and happy to come back in the most leveled arena about Falcon.
Some are clear to kick my ass here but no problem i'm here also to remind my skill and the more important is to improve my skill.
Looking forward to fight (dont be cruel with me at the biginning , thnks :oops: )
Have a nice competition around here.
:wink:

THRUST

Mel-I

Postby Mel-I » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:54 pm

Hey NAP - YOU ARE THE ONE
All the job you do to IDFL is extremally good. :)

My 3 cents:

We are also considering having differing degrees of difficulty of Falcon settings appropriate to the skill of the vPilots in the various divisions in Stage 2

I think it's not a good idea because you can learn faster if you have difficulty settings on the highest level. And what's more important you learn proper habits or tricks from the early beginning.

Thrust,
I'm very glad you're back. It's always good to have such a great vpilot aboard (even if he's gonna shoot your tail off and you can do nothing about it ;) lol)
:)

Cheers
Mael-I

Thrust

Postby Thrust » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:03 pm

héhéhé good to see u here as well man , since our last meeting i'm sure u r a lot improved your skill :D , looking forward to start the new "fiesta" !!!!

THRUST
Last edited by Thrust on Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nap

Postby Nap » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:03 pm

Mel-I,

What that comment about difficulty was really saying is that I believe that in Division 1 (when the vPilots are ready) the rule would be that NO PADLOCK at all would be allowed.

Otherwise, I generally agree with you.

Thrust,
Nice to have you back! Season 3 will start as soon as I get a few more things done here.
I can see your sig. on the left panel, but not below your post.

Cheers,
Nap

Revientor

Postby Revientor » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:52 pm

Hey Nap you can add some publicity in the forums, and with the money that the publicity give to the IDL you can make publicity of the Leage in other pages.

I will try present the leage to my spanish friends

FOR THE BEST SEASON¡¡¡ LoL

Thanks you very much for this site men ;D
Visit my vSquadron Escuadrón 111

I normally can be challenged the weekends only. :(

Thrust

Postby Thrust » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:56 pm

Que bueno si vienes con amigos espagnoles , y si ves a Gus di le que benga tambien..

THRUST :D

Nap

Postby Nap » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:44 am

Another Update

My Web Hoster, in an attempt to reduce the possibility of spam has changed the email setting on the server. As a result, I've had to recode the email functions. I have now nearly finished this, and then we can get back to testing the new Web League. Testing/fixing will take at least a few more days.

Whilst you are all welcome to invite new vPilots, the IDFL would like to finish off the site before we did any 'official' advertising. If we do this before things get finished off, the site will look unprofessional.
If you know anyone who knows how to setup Joomla with Community Builder and Jacl, please get them to contact me.

We really appreciate the support and encouragement you all are giving.

Cheers,
Nap

Revientor

Postby Revientor » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:32 pm

Lo intentaré THRUST :D
Visit my vSquadron Escuadrón 111

I normally can be challenged the weekends only. :(

Return to “Pilots Lounge”