Markus wrote:Hello !

FOX 3 !!

I'M IN !!! :wink:

@+Markus

Hello my friend :D
Welcome :D

Markus

Postby Markus » Wed May 23, 2007 12:27 am

Hello FOX ! :D , glad to see you here !!! :D .

I think this new meeting will be very interesting, with a lot of human sensations :wink: .

@+Markus

FOX

Postby FOX » Wed May 23, 2007 12:52 am

Markus wrote:Hello FOX ! :D , glad to see you here !!! :D .

I think this new meeting will be very interesting, with a lot of human sensations :wink: .

@+Markus

I glad too to see you Markus.
Here have the best Vpilots of Falcon.
All here we are a friends that passes pleasantly the free hour that has each one of us. :)

Mavrck_667th

Signing up

Postby Mavrck_667th » Thu May 24, 2007 8:26 am

I'm in.
C.O. Mavrck of the Black Knights 667th Falcon Division
Current Ace Factor: 6.18
http://www.theblackknights667th.com

xrhstaras

Postby xrhstaras » Thu May 24, 2007 10:14 am

I was hoping i could start this new Season with a better joystick but ...whatever...

ooohh, i'm in :lol:

Bender

Postby Bender » Fri May 25, 2007 4:22 am

I'm probably gonna get pwned, but what the hell.

I'm in.
Oh, I found the secure falcon subforum, but not any DL links. Can anyone throw me a bone?

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Fri May 25, 2007 6:18 am

Good point Bender, some of us have been pressing NAP to give the forum a more 'falconized facelift', and make it a bit easier to navigate.

What about it NAP? Is shouldn't be that much work to throw up a banner, and alter your colors some...hehe. :lol:
The ordinary air fighter is an extraordinary man and the extraordinary air fighter stands as one in a million among his fellows.
Theodore Roosevelt

Nap

Postby Nap » Fri May 25, 2007 6:39 am

Hey KV,

If anyone here knows how to make skins in phpBB2, I would be happy to hear from them. (phpBB3 is going to be released soon)

In so far as my own time is concerned, the problem for me is balancing my time between paid work and the IDFL. So the overall progress is a bit slow and I'm trying to work on a priority basis.

The Joomla based page (www.abms.net.au/cms) is where we will be migrating to. You will see that on that page, I've already done some 'Falconizing'. And it can be used.
I just haven't been advertising that link too much since I haven't finished setting up Joomla. Again, if someone knows how to setup Joomla and can help, please do.

The new league format is intended to solve a few problems we had in Season 2. I've added a bunch of new functions into the Web League that will make it easier to manage:
1) A competition format that has a finite duration.
2) A competition format that will enable vPilots who haven't developed their skills to get recognition by introducing the Division based competition in Stage 2 of each season.
3) A function that will automatically setup a new season, so going from Season to Season will be easier.
4) During the Divisional Stages, the Web League will be used to organise matches instead of the forum.
I have a few more things to add, but am going to hold off until we finish season 3 and get some feedback. Emailing from the Web League (for general infomation) and Automatic scoring according to the format we use.

So the plan is to increase the admin team with skills in areas that need work (thus enabling more to be done in a smaller amount of time) and reducing the manual overhead of administering the competition where possible.

Cheers,
Nap

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Fri May 25, 2007 7:51 am

Excellent work all the way around.

One question though, IRT the forum, why did you want to go with joomla; something you weren't familiar with, rather than sticking to something a bit more managable? Only curious.

The ordinary air fighter is an extraordinary man and the extraordinary air fighter stands as one in a million among his fellows.

Theodore Roosevelt

Nap

Postby Nap » Fri May 25, 2007 7:59 am

To be honest, when I setup the site, I knew as close to 0 about web sites as you could get without it actually being 0. I was told Joomla was gr8, and I still think so. Just haven't had the time to figure out some aspects of it. Once I put my shoulder to the wheel, I'll get it sorted out.

Another thing is that I'm naturally a 'function and ease of use' guy. Artistic feel is not a strength I would claim. (Though I'm not saying I don't appreciate a good look.)

Here is another Joomla based site that has been setup with a 'Falcon' feel to it. It's the Virtual European Air Force.

Cheers,
Nap

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Fri May 25, 2007 11:06 am

Perfect. Makes sense man.

Theodore Roosevelt

Bender

Postby Bender » Fri May 25, 2007 12:16 pm

Got the info, Nap. Thanks!

Scarecrow

Postby Scarecrow » Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:26 am

Is it too late to say I'm in?

Rolling in hot :D

Panther

Postby Panther » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:57 pm

Panther is re-engaging :D
Stephanie