players avoiding matches

Should've seen them circles.
LoVeN

players avoiding matches

Postby LoVeN » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:20 am

this is a contest where your skils win and nothing else.
heard of several pilots which refuse to do fights or avoid doing them with some players which are considered very good.

now this messege is for them.
who you are trying to avoid from? at the end you will meet with him and if you want to be an ace you ned to loose so next day u will win.
dont avoid fighting with aces. try flying only with aces!
its the best way to learn even if its makes u loose ur points it makes your skill better and maybe next season u will pawn them all.
so dont fear from learning, loose, learn , and next day win!

good luck to you all new and old.
"fear not for iam the LoVeN"

centermass

Postby centermass » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:15 am

Who is avoiding who? :?:

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:43 am

That's not the point CM.

Good post LoVeN. We've all taken our licks to get to a specific level of proficiency in this virtual hobby.

One step at a time :)
The ordinary air fighter is an extraordinary man and the extraordinary air fighter stands as one in a million among his fellows.
Theodore Roosevelt

centermass

Postby centermass » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:08 am

Looks like I read Lovens post wrong. 8)

Soprano

Postby Soprano » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:56 am

I agree with LoVen...if you want to get better, you need to fly against the best pilots possible

69th_Red Rover

Postby 69th_Red Rover » Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:19 am

I couldn't agree more! I'm relatively new to the whole A-A aspect of AF (been mastering the SEAD role), and the information/tactics I've learned from the veterans is immeasurable in terms of advancing my own skills. You want to learn to be the best, learn FROM the best!

RR

USN_foxshadow

Postby USN_foxshadow » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:36 am

69th_Red Rover wrote:I couldn't agree more! I'm relatively new to the whole A-A aspect of AF (been mastering the SEAD role), and the information/tactics I've learned from the veterans is immeasurable in terms of advancing my own skills. You want to learn to be the best, learn FROM the best!

RR

Great post LoVen!!! It,s nice to hear these words from a wiley vet like you!Sometimes novices like myself need to know we are not taking
multi-butt whoopings to no avail!!
It is so easy to give up on things when u take one step forward and two steps back.But life has taught me success comes to those who prepare
and persist!!!And experience whispers to me that knowlede is not easily earned...Common sense screams clearly that top ACES like KV and you
did not wake up one day with the skills you have now.
Those who fly the sim and believe that....are somewhere right now playing Dungeons and Dragons or Need for Speed...LOL!
Much respect man!!! And thanks!!!

Foxshadow OUT!!

Nap

Postby Nap » Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:20 pm

Nice thread guys.

And like Fox stated, I've found the same. Take for example this site. When I offered to host it, I only had the basic knowledge to put the files onto the server. I didn't even know how to make them work with the database. Some forum we would have if I didn't work it out.
It took me many sleepless nights to learn what I needed so that we could all continue the great contest that a bunch of talented people started before me. There are many more hours ahead for me and others as we continue to improve it.
I know I'm a bit off topic, but like they say in the weight lifting world (am I'm no Arnie) "No Pain, No Gain".

For those who have suffered a few bruises, the Division Stage is coming. In it you will have a chance to fight people who are more evenly match with you. So use the RACE to learn a few new things, and the DIVISIONS to try them out.

Cheers,
Nap

Return to “Pilots Lounge”