ICQ Recommendation

Nap

ICQ Recommendation

Postby Nap » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:30 am

Ladies and Gentlemen,

In order to improve communication between competitors, the admin team strongly recommends that you get ICQ (if you don't already have it).

The main reasons for this recommendation are as follows:
  • ICQ has better options than MSN when it comes to authorizations,
  • In ICQ you can have your nickname showing instead of your email address, so it's easier for others to recognise who you are,
  • ICQ allows you to leave a message even if the other person is off-line when you sent it.

Whilst I use ICQ and MSN, I much prefer ICQ. However, I don't actually use the standard ICQ program, I use Miranda instead.

The advantages of using Miranda are:
  • No advertising,
  • Less computer resources, eg. memory and cpu usage,
  • Can access ICQ, MSN, AIM, Jabber, IRC, and many other instant messengers (incl Gmail) from the one program.
  • A variety of options in the program, like sorting contacts by groups.

There are a number of similar programs, (eg. Trillian) that do similar things to Miranda.

Please consider getting an ICQ account and using it.
You will not regret the improvements.
It will also make it a lot easier to contact your opponents when organising matches.

Cheers,
Nap

Nap

Postby Nap » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:05 pm

GENTLEMEN,
Since communication over the internet is complicated at best, it is important that we try to improve ourselves.

Everyone seems to have their own preferred programs, which really is not helping the issue.

Please read the justification made to use ICQ given above, and do the right thing. The quicker that matches can be organised, the sooner you will have the pleasure of flying your match. And the quicker you will be able to move onto your next match.

Regards,
Nap

Return to “English”