F4 [R] Bender v. USN_Foxshadow

Bender

Postby Bender » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:35 pm

So I actually had the foresight to ACMI the last two heater battles.

My gods was I fast! Both times I came out of the initial lead turn above 500 knots! The difference is, in the first recorded tape, I either noticed how fast I was and throttled down, or bled off the speed while turning. That let me get behind you for that fight. But then in the 2nd one, I somehow held onto that speed. I was up in the 480-580 range the whole fight. So I was fighting g-lock while your engine was bent and you were struggling to get back above 300. And then I went splat. It's actually sort of funny. Well, like I said when it happened, die and learn.

A little feedback for you--in both of those two recordings, you came in really low relative to me but turned horizontally. This created a lot of turning room for me in the vertical when I lead turned into the fight...so even though I was above corner, I still rated fast enough to drive to the elbow in both fights. I think you'd keep from going defensive in the WVR opening if you turned with the lift vector on the bandit during the merge.

Until next time.... :D

Return to “Season 3 Archive”