Can not retrieve Competition list

Snakeye

Can not retrieve Competition list

Postby Snakeye » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:13 am

the secure falcon can not retrive competition list what is wrong ?

Nap

Postby Nap » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:32 am

Assuming you've setup your firewall and router (ports 2934 & 2935 TCP) properly and your connection is functioning ok, it is possible that the server is not available or busy at the time you attempted to get them.

I am aware of this problem and have found that these 'downtimes' usually only last for seconds or minutes. I suggest that you wait a few minutes and try again.

I have informed my web host provider about this problem and am taking steps to implement a monitoring process that will run 24/7. I will then be able to see the quality of their service and have some documentation of it's performance should I need to raise it with them again in the future.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

Napoleon BlownApart.

Nap

Postby Nap » Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:21 am

I'm getting quite frustrated with my webhost concerning this matter.
I have implemented a script runs on my server on the server (it reports the time and database status).
Now I am going to create the monitoring program that will run on my LAN 24/7 and poll my server every X minutes.
Another option is to make a monitor script that will run from a public web site.

When I get the monitoring program going, it would be useful to have it running in a few places around the world. There have been a number of occasions where I can access it from here, but people outside of Australia haven't been able to. If anyone is willing to volunteer, let me know.

In the mean time, you can send a complaint to my Web Host directly so they will be able to see that I'm not making it up (as they seem to think). They call it other-end-itis.

The address for the 24/7 support desk is support@mdwebhosting.com.au
Don't hold back.

Cheers,
Nap.

Return to “Discussion”