Banning of players.

centermass

Banning of players.

Postby centermass » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:23 am

I would like to see a detailed description of what would get players banned.

At the last site it was enough to piss off the people who run the site.

I do understand that the person who runs the site pays for it and should have that right, however, it dumbs down the competition.

Flying styles, opinions, smack tallk (within limits), and not liking someone should not be grounds for banning a player from competition.

I hope the admins would allow KV, Semipro, Thrust, and anyone else previously banned, unless they are dirty bastard cheaters :twisted: , back for competition.

What do you all think?

Reaper-16

Postby Reaper-16 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:43 am

Can't say I disagree with that CM. I know one person owns/operates this and will have the final say, but before a person is banned, IMHO, there should be public proof of what was done. If it isn't in proper public "taste", make it viewable by PM. If you request it, you will understand that you asked for it. If it upsets ones "taste" then don't ask. That should protect everyone concerned.

I do not understand why KV and others were banned, but I would have liked to understand why.

PAVEWAY

Postby PAVEWAY » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:36 am

I agree with you CM.
I don't know if you can get banned for trash talking, what i mean is that anyone should be able to say anything to whom ever their going to have a match with. His your enemy and his out to kill you and win so if a person wanted to talk smack he should not get banned but i don't think anyone has be banned for talking smack.

xianzai

Postby xianzai » Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:42 am

A thick skin would be useful as well as an understanding of language and humour.

And this is the internet, is there a need to actually get angry at someone for words!

I only get angry when Soprano beats me.

Jaguar

Postby Jaguar » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:55 am

Maybe an detailed description under a locked topic for banned Pilots will be usefull. But an open topic for each pilot who were banned, will start only unneeded discusions. We arent administrating any war in here, thats why that cant be (and isnt) any enemys in here. All forms of competitions has adversarys. But i dont think that this is a reason to debase some else. I mean that a certain level have to been held. ;)

Hotseat

Postby Hotseat » Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:57 am

You simply cannot have a functional and healthy community in which people are banned with no transperancy on the matter. in most cases even the most hated person in a community will still have fans and friends that will be alienated.

It should either be a fully transperant system or should be done by votes of the community, again...with full disclosure of votes.

Mavrck_667th

Postby Mavrck_667th » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:51 am

Why on earth did they get banned? They never used anything from what I see except some darn good flying. Lets see the proof.

If the glove don't fit you must aquite!!!!!!!!!
C.O. Mavrck of the Black Knights 667th Falcon Division
Current Ace Factor: 6.18
http://www.theblackknights667th.com

Nap

Postby Nap » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:23 am

Since the site moved to it's present location, no one has been banned.
The comments made earlier in this thread were in reference to things that happened during Season 1 and early Season 2. At the time, they were referencing events that were recent.

Let sleeping dogs lay.

Cheers,
Nap

centermass

Postby centermass » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:11 am

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:57 am

8)

Return to “Ideas & Feedback”