ACMI Repository

Should've seen them circles.
Deadmeat

ACMI Repository

Postby Deadmeat » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:36 am

Is there any way we can get a heap of ACMIs together in the one place, for newbies (and others) to look at?

I'd really love to be able to watch ACMIs from the top 5 or 10 pilots on the ladder.

Nap

Postby Nap » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:48 am

Hey Deadmeat,

Working on it right now.
I have installed the attachment mod, but haven't yet figured out how to configure it yet. So, it will be coming soon.

Cheers,
Nap

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:19 am

Hi Deadmeat,

Here's some of the acmis from my recent matches I was able to find. Let me know if they help. I'd recommend watching them in tracking view twice, once focused on the bandit, second time on my jet.

Korea ACMIs

Balkans ACMIs

Enjoy
The ordinary air fighter is an extraordinary man and the extraordinary air fighter stands as one in a million among his fellows.
Theodore Roosevelt

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:20 am

Match with LoVeN added in Balkans.

[EDIT] Second match with LoVeN added in Korea. :x

Just check folders intermittantly, and I should add my database as matches are completed.

The ordinary air fighter is an extraordinary man and the extraordinary air fighter stands as one in a million among his fellows.

Theodore Roosevelt

LoVeN

Postby LoVeN » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:41 am

good job tnx for publishin . the usua plyers would have keep the skils for themselfs.
but you dont anoble thing and helped it to be a harder competition
"fear not for iam the LoVeN"

centermass

Postby centermass » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:49 am

KV has always helped anyone.

Well most people :lol:

Deadmeat

Postby Deadmeat » Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:36 pm

Thanks KV, that's exactly what I needed!

Would you not recommend watching in satellite view? I havn't watched many ACMIs but when I've tried in tracking view it's really hard to see the far jet....

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:55 am

This how I watch them

Tracking view: Focus Bandit, Track KV

ONLY LABELS I USE

1)Airspeed
2)Altitude
3)Turn rate
4)Turn radius
5)Radar lock line
6)Medium wingtrails

Everything else off (no names, or those altitude poles, nothing)

This way I can constantly see what my bandit is doing. I pretty much know how I flew the jet, but the numbers are there anyway. That's what you're focused on the most is the numbers.

When turn rate goes up, and turn radius goes down, the bandit is loading G. When turn rate goes down, and turn radius goes up, the bandit is unloading G.

The wingtrails help keep a perspective on geometry during the fight. The radar lockline shows when each bandit has a lock, and then the resulting manuevers will tell you if he used that lock for critical information (target speed, altitude, closure, range, etc).

Once I watch it this way, sometimes I'll watch it again focused on my jet, and track the bandit.

Also, if I need to look at something closer, I'll back it up and use another view.

I also listen to my favorite soundtracks when viewing ACMIs to give a feel to the engagements and help perservere through tedius analysis of the numbers. :D

Let me know what you find.

[EDIT] In high aspect (head on) situations, I'll turn off the radar lock line and some other labels to clean the picture up so I can see the tracers. I also look at internal view of my bandit to see approximately where I am in his HUD.

Looking from the bandits internal view,and tracking focused on them, has been a pretty big assist in my choice of defensive manuevers over the years. (quite a big tip there hehehehe) 8)

Theodore Roosevelt

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:37 pm

2v2 ROE1 added from last night to the korea folder.

Here's a direct link:

TAO vs Black Diamonds ROE1 + TAO Audio Transmissions

TAO vs Black Diamonds ROE2 + TAO Audio Transmissions

This is a wav file of our Teamspeak transmissions for ROE1, including the acmi. You have to start the audio, and the watch the ACMI in Falcon. You may have to speed up or slow down the acmi at first to sync the audio.

You should watch from tracking view focused on Centermass, and then track whatever jet in the background. You can switch quickly by hitting the little arrows in the tracking block.

I view these labels:

1)Airspeed
2)Altitude
3)Turn rate
4)Names
5)Medium Wingtrails

Or whatever works for you. I will add ROE2 and 3 as soon as I can. Let me know please if this is effective, or enjoyable.

[edit]ROE2 added

Theodore Roosevelt

Deadmeat

Postby Deadmeat » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:11 pm

Thanks KV, this is great info for a newbie like me. I couldn't see anything in tracking view before because I had the jets magnified :oops:

Learning from watching ACMIs might be a skill in itself, everything flows so fluidly, soemtimes it can be hard to see where a decision's been made, why, and what it is. I need practice...

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:55 am

ACMIs loaded vs Arpad. Will continue to update via divisionals ;).

Theodore Roosevelt

Deadmeat

Postby Deadmeat » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:56 pm

Thought I'd have a look and see if you'd added any new ones KV, but the Balkans link is down and Korea only has TAOvsBD! :(

Sent you a PM.

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:00 am

Yeah I took them down a couple weeks ago. I haven't added any new ones (to those folders).

Theodore Roosevelt

Nap

Postby Nap » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:28 am

Once I finish up some work I'm busy with here, I will setup the ACMI Repository on the forum so we can share them with others. I should be able to get onto this soon.

Cheers,
Nap

Deadmeat

My first gunzo Mig29 kill in 1v1

Postby Deadmeat » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:26 pm

Just downed my first Mig29 in a guns only dogfight last night (rear quarter shots only, and by beating him in a turning fight, not forcing him to overtake) coutresy of your acmis KV, thanks! :D

I think the acmis were on Global Falcon, I tried to find the thread but couldn't. It's the one where you put a couple of acmis of you vs a 29 up, and you vs an f22 when someone there said he didn't think it could be done.

Cheers KV!

Return to “Pilots Lounge”