Looking for spectator to record footage in matches

Should've seen them circles.
KidVicious

Looking for spectator to record footage in matches

Postby KidVicious » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:50 pm

The spectator mode is something that administration would like to see pushed.

I'm not sure about others ,but I'm down with having a 3rd party join the fight (crash the jet) and record fraps..etc for posting purposes.

I'll be flying somewhat regularly, so if anyone wants to give it a shot I'm down.

This could turn out to be pretty cool. We'll see what happens. If I'm on TS for a match and one that wants to record by all means jump on board.
The ordinary air fighter is an extraordinary man and the extraordinary air fighter stands as one in a million among his fellows.
Theodore Roosevelt

xianzai

Postby xianzai » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:36 am

cool im down
------------------------------------------
http://www.dogfighting-league.com

Nap

Postby Nap » Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:34 pm

Hey guys,

During the first three (3) weeks of Season 3's race, there have been over 70 matches completed. And as you can appreciate, gallons of adrenaline have been consumed. The IDFL would like to share some of that adrenaline with the rest of the Falcon Community.

With Secure Falcon in use by competitors, spectators can join in the matches and watch the fight going on, not just listen in Teamspeak. There are some rules that need to be followed so as not to disrupt the concentration of the competitors in the match itself. However, since the matches are conducted on Peer-2-Peer connections, there isn't enough bandwidth available to have a large audience.

So the IDFL is looking for spectators who are interested in making Falcon related movies. We know there are lots of you around.

Here is the deal on what is expected of an IDFL Sports Reporter:
  1. You must not interrupt the match by talking etc.
  2. You should record an ACMI of the fight.
  3. You should record a FRAPS movie using the external views available to you. (The competitors have their external views disabled.)
  4. You should record the audio from the Teamspeak channel.
  5. The competitors have the option of running FRAPS on their PC's and getting some 'In the Pit' footage. (It will most likely depend on how fast their PC is.)
  6. The competitors who record their fights with FRAPS will send their files to the Sports Reporter.
  7. The Sports Reporter will edit the various media sources he has available to him, along with any commentry you wish to add, into a movie.
  8. The movie should be converted into a Flash format and uploaded.
  9. Movies to be shown through the IDFL site will have to comply with some other technical guidelines so as to make them fit into our website.

Please contact me for further information.

Cheers,
Nap

centermass

Postby centermass » Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:55 pm

I have a problem with recording FRAPS video while Teamspeak is running. I think FRAPS and TS use th same audio channel so only Teamspeak gets the audio since it is started first.

It appears to be a driver issue. :cry:

Nap

Postby Nap » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:10 am

CM,

Didn't know that, thnx 4 the heads up.
Hmmmm, not sure what can be done. The TS recording was just an idea. If it can't be done, then so be it. But it might be possible to switch off the capture of Falcon audio (since there really isn't much going on there except button clicks etc.)

But please do spread the word around.

Cheers,
Nap

Burnout

Postby Burnout » Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:49 am

it didn´t try it but i think you can record in TS and Fraps. than you could merge the files in the video

Nap

Postby Nap » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:21 am

How is it going with recording matches?
Anyone able to do 'in the pit' footage?

Cheers,
Nap

centermass

Postby centermass » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:20 am

I got ROE 1 Sortie 1 and 2 done at just under 500 megs. :shock: At this size you can see the HUD numbers Ok.

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:26 pm

I would ask others on what compression programs or recording settings they use to minimize the size of the footage, while at the same time keeping the Fonts fairly legible.

The ordinary air fighter is an extraordinary man and the extraordinary air fighter stands as one in a million among his fellows.

Theodore Roosevelt

centermass

Postby centermass » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:46 pm

I'm using DIVX to compress the FRAPS AVI.

Got it all done at 1.2 Gig. I can upload it to Nap and maybe he can work his Flash magic on it. 8)

Thrust

Postby Thrust » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:52 am

If someone need a good compressor i 've got one :wink: say it by message !!

The best is from fraps to point MOV , (.MOV) = quick time

2 go to 180 megs for exemple

centermass

Postby centermass » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:18 am

I don't know, it went from 44 gigs to 1.2 gigs, that is some serious compression.

KidVicious

Postby KidVicious » Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:47 am

centermass wrote:I'm using DIVX to compress the FRAPS AVI.

Got it all done at 1.2 Gig. I can upload it to Nap and maybe he can work his Flash magic on it. 8)

GIG?! DUDE, that is way too big man lol!

Theodore Roosevelt

centermass

Postby centermass » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:05 am

The largest single file is under 160 megs. Most are under 100.

Some sorties had to be broken up into 2 to 3 parts. Some fit in one part.

ROE 1 sortie 1 where we ejected is 3 parts.

ROE2 sortie 1 is short :evil: :lol:

Nap was able to reduce the size of Buff's vid without losing a lot of quality. Hopefully he can do it for these also. Th HUD numbers are readable right now, any more compression and they probably will not be.

Return to “Pilots Lounge”